Friday, April 18, 2008

"Coach David"

A few weekends ago (actually, it was over a month...) we got to see Avery play soccer. Oh, my David was so excited! First of all, he LOVES Avery. And we all know how he is about sports, so the two of them combined was like heaven to him! What I didn't expect was the "coach" to come out in my little man. You can tell from this photo that he was very interested in the game! How cute is Avery???

He walked up and down the field repeating what Jake (Avery's dad) would say. He would shout "DEFENSE!" and follow the ball back and forth as the girls played.

I think he was yelling "good kick Avery" in this one!

Avery played hard!

After the game, David had a chance to play. I don't know much about soccer, but I was pretty impressed that he could run and kick the ball at the same time. He would chase it and kick it further as he was running. I think he ran for 30 straight minutes after the game. I can't wait until he can play sports for real!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is too cute. He would make a great coach someday. He definitely has the look down with the crossed arms and the pointing as he shouts. Perhaps he will coach the GAMECOCKS in the future. Love y'all!!!!

Aunt B

Anonymous said...

he looks like Daddy T on the little league field. coaching is in his blood and you can already see it. i am so excited about the news i received this weekend about my nephews and myrtle beach. that was the best news that i have heard in a long, long time! see ya soon!

Uncle Rob