Thursday, April 10, 2008

Bath time.. together!!!


In an effort to make our night time routine go a little quicker I began bathing the boys together this week... and, of course, they love it! David is SO good with Jon... he washes his feet and legs while I do the head and face. He REALLY does a great job and cares for his brother so much! The reason he is eating a popsicle in the tub? Trey promised him one as a "tee tee treat". He went to the potty so he got to eat a popsicle! I just figured it was less messy in the tub :).

*Thanks so much for all the suggestions on how to help our current daily life... REALLY, I was so appreciative of the comments and here is what I'm doing for Jon now... I am taking Fenugreek, drinking lots of water, and adding a little formula to his night time bottle. He gets cereal in the am and pm, and I am not feeding him if he wakes during the night. He has done really well so far. He has almost stopped the 2 am date that was a ritual with me every night. Sometimes he has a hard time making it until 6 am, but I feel like a few more days and he'll be a pro! The hardest part is his precious smile. He is such a little sunshine... when he smiles, his whole body "lights up". I have a hard time leaving him to scream in the crib when I go in and he stops crying and starts smiling. Well, if its after 6 am at least. I am needing and benefiting from the extra consecutive sleep. I'll keep you posted on his next few nights!

3 comments:

Hope said...

YAY!!! Glad things are improving!!!

Missy said...

I love the popsicle in the tub. I always did that with mine too. SOO much cleaner that way.
Missy

Kacy said...

Okay, I thought of you last night when Mary Clare was up for the one hundredth time again. I've given up, but there is still hope for you. Something I didn't mention to you when I told you about the Nutramigen is that some babies are sensitive to the liquid formulas because of the preservatives found in them. (I always gave McCanless liquid because she had difficulties digesting the powder, but I didn't want Mary Clare to have all of those preservatives when I found out that information.) Powder can sometimes be hard on their little tummies at first, but maybe he is sensitive to the preservatives?? Just a thought. Wanted to share. Take care and hope you are getting some sleep! Kerri