Thursday, April 10, 2008

5 YEARS... with the one I love!

Today Trey and I celebrate our 5 year anniversary! In some ways I can't believe it has already been 5 years, but honestly I can hardly remember my life without Trey. I have loved sharing every minute of the last 5 years with him. The good, bad, ugly, hard, easy, and magical times have all been a blessing. In honor of the 5 years we've shared, I (easily) thought of 5 of my favorite things about my sweet hubby:

1. Trey is a hard worker... he serves Christ and others daily. I don't think either one of us could have imagined how God would use him at Keystone Church, yet I think he is amazing at his job. He puts Christ first and I see on a daily basis how that allows him to love me and others more.
2. Trey TRULY loves me... all of me. He puts up with every good and bad quality I bring to the table. He supports me and is my sounding board when I need to talk. He has been amazingly helpful as I try to figure out how to be a mother to 2 children (a rather hard transition for me). I know at the end of the day he will be there for me, no matter what!
3. He is a great dad. Our boys love him dearly! David's face still lights up when Trey comes home from work and he has the utmost respect for Trey. When I've lost it at the end of a long "mommy" day, Trey is often the one that makes it better. He is so encouraging with our boys and simply listening to him talk to them makes me realize how wonderful they are and I forget why I was so frustrated.
4. I love to watch comedies with Trey... his laugh is contagious and pure. In fact, he doesn't know it but most of the time I watch the shows just to hear him laugh. By the way, David shares the same amazing laugh :).
5. Trey is a wonderful leader. He leads our family in a loving, Christ-centered way. He teaches our boys, loves me, and provides all the financial support so that I can stay home (something we both want). I am thankful for his support and leadership in our home.

Below are 2 of my favorite days with Trey since we were married. I will never forget the look on his face when both boys were born...
David, 8.11.05

Jonathan, 11.26.07

...I am so glad God allows me to share these moments with someone so special. I love you more today than ever Trey. Thank you for being you and loving us so much!

6 comments:

Hope said...

Happy Anniversary!!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! I cannot believe that you have been married for five years! Happy Aniversary!

Laura Rogers said...

Happy Anniversary, Dani and Trey! I remember the day you called me to tell me you got engaged! Your wedding was one of the most beautiful I have ever been to! It was so special and magical. I've enjoyed watching your family grow and I am honored to be your friend. You guys are an inspiration to so many! I'm very proud of you both! Enjoy the next 5 years, Fuzzy! You are doing a great job!

Anonymous said...

Happy Anniversary! Love you both very much:)

Aunt B

Betsy Marchant said...

Happy Anniversary! What a beautiful wedding picture!

The Trotter Family said...

You guys are adorable!!! I am so glad I found this blog! Your family is so precious to us and we are so excited for what God is doing in your life!