Thursday, August 21, 2008

So Big!

Here is our big boy! Jon is growing so quickly, turning 9 months on the 26th. He is a joy to be with and is really a great baby. Here is a picture of his newest trick... sticking out his tongue, constantly! It most often occurs when he is concentrating. Oh, I could just squeeze him!

I won't know until September exactly how big Jon has gotten, but when we are out in public and people ask how old he is, most often the response is "Wow, what a big boy!" In addition to all the physical growing Jon has been doing, he is developing just as much with his "talking". He can clearly say Mama, Dada, bye-bye, and I think he screams David (sounds more like "day") some too. He doesn't always respond and say what you want him to, but he "talks" a lot on his own. This picture was taken when we were staying a Papa Dock's... both of my boys have enjoyed playing in this back hallway.


Jon is quite the wild man lately and while I'm completely happy for him (he LOVES exploring this wonderful, crazy world!) it makes me a little sad that it is happening so quickly. David was much slower when it came to getting around. Jon literally went from sitting to speed crawling/cruising within a week! He is incredibly strong and can let go and balance for a few seconds before he sits. The best way to describe his personality when it comes to physical challenges... he attacks it! He falls ALL the time, cries, and then does it again until he gets it. Jon loves that he can attempt to keep up with David now. David is still patient with him MOST of the time and Jon simply ADORES David. They are precious little men!
And for every wild bone in his body, Jon is also completely loving and cuddly! He gives the tightest hugs and big, open mouth kisses. He also plays "shy" (hides his head on our shoulder) when you first say hello. He is such a love bug... and we are so blessed!

7 comments:

Beth Goff said...

I feel like you perfectly described Anderson... Anderson falls all the time and just keeps going. He is SO active!!

Jon is PRECIOUS! That is so great that he is talking so much. Anderson is not a huge talker... probably because his sister talks non stop and he can't get a word in! :)

Praying for your party!

Curtis said...

So cute, Dani. I'm really excited about seeing y'all soon, hopefull on the weekend of September 20th!

Anonymous said...

Dani. I can't believe how much he's grown and how quickly. I miss loving on him on Saturday nights. I miss you guys. Hopefully someday Ken, Preston and I can make it to see you guys and listen to Trey preach at Wellspring. Take care.
Love in Christ,
Marcia Heilner

Jara said...

He will certainly miss you - you were so great with him - you made him LOVE school! Thanks for that -I could never thank you enough. Those kiddos at your new school are so lucky to have you - you are a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Absolutely adorable!!!!!

Jessica said...

DANIELLE! Girl, Amy McCaskill sent me your blog and told me to check it out. I don't know how else to get in touch with you besides leaving you a comment. Your family is precious! So good to get a glimpse of the Lord working in and through your life!

Amy said...

Hey Danielle! You have such a beautiful family! I've been finding so many old classmates online--it's great to see everyone doing so well! Just thought I'd say hello! Take care!