Monday, August 11, 2008

3 years ago today...

our sweet David was born at 4:33 pm. I can't believe our baby is 3! I will never forget the first time I looked into his eyes, just seconds after he was born. It was the most amazing feeling... like I'd always known him, loved him, and adored him even though he had just joined the world. David is such a great kid. He is smart, entertaining, extremely talkative, and funny. He never meets a stranger and is the best big brother! He LOVES "his baby" and other than the few times (a day) he tackles Jon, he is really loving to him and covers him with kisses and hugs. David is also a little hard-headed and dramatic. He knows what he wants and he doesn't back down easily. We work on this daily :)! He has handled our topsy-turvy summer pretty well, even though he certainly works better on a schedule. We are excited to start school so our days have more structure to them! David's current favorites are playing baseball (of course!) and playing "Rock Band". He does a really awesome rock and roll face (see pictures below) and can recognize music (instruments, singers, and where he has heard it before) with ease. I am amazed how he remembers things... he can tell you the scene from the movie he heard a song (sometimes just from a pre-view) and will also say "they're playing the piano (or drums, or guitar)". He still calls himself "the great Bambino" and lately he walks around singing "Wanted! Dead or Alive" and "Sississpy Queen", which he learned from playing Rock Band on the Wii. We are thankful for each day that we get to spend with our little man. It is a joy to watch him grow and learn and we praise the Lord for one of our most precious blessings! We love you David... Yummy, ice cream! David is having several celebrations (Trey says we should just start calling him Anne :)!!!) so I am going to wait until they are all complete and do a recap. This is from lunch today at Hard Rock Cafe.

What a sweet little man!

Oh, he has the best laugh!

Rock and Roll!

We love you so much!!!

9 comments:

Holly, Ben, and Reid said...

Little David looks SOOO big!!! Please tell him Happy Birthday and give him a big hug from Ben and I! We miss you guys...can't wait to see pictures of the new house! Love ya!

Rachel said...

Yay for pictures on Dani's blog! What a sweet boy - I am so glad I finally got to meet although I feel like I have know him since he was born! Hope you're getting settled!

Beth Goff said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY DAVID!!! He is such a big boy! I am glad his birthday has been well celebrated! It's probably just me but I don't get the "anne" joke!?? What am I missing?? Hope yall have a great week!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, David! We miss ya'll and hope you have a great time celebrating!

Laura Rogers said...

Dani, all of a sudden he looks like a little boy to me!! He is adorable- gorgeous brown eyes!!! Thanks for sharing...I love the rock and roll pose he did with Trey! That is awesome!
I miss you!!!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday little man! We can't wait to see you again soon. Claudia is ready to discuss the Wiggles again!

Sandi said...

Dani - He is soo big and handsome! I can't believe 3!!! miss you!

P.S. Totally got the Anne thing!

Christian Family said...

HAPPY HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!

Lisa Cowen said...

Belated Happy Birthday "Baby David"! Look how big & handsome you are :) Blessings to you from Ian, Trevor & Myles & their Mommy & Daddy, too :) I'm with beth g. - don't completely get the "anne" joke - guess I'll have to check with Sandi!