Monday, December 22, 2008

The results are in...

Jonathan had an appointment with an allergist today. I'm not really sure if I thought all that much about it until I was in the room and started asking questions... I already knew he couldn't eat dairy, and was pretty sure I could add egg to the list. Unfortunately, we can also add peanuts. We are armed with an epi-pen since we aren't sure how severe the peanut allergy could be. Thankfully we have seen children with much worse reactions do just fine in day to day life and I know I can call on those friends for help if needed! I think I was a little sad today as we entered this new world of unknowns with Jonathan, but I also feel a peace. God is protecting Jon and guiding us as parents, allergies or no allergies. God is bigger than this and He is in control of Jon's life. We are educating ourselves as much as possible on how to handle reactions and, most importantly, how to prevent them (thanks to Ellie, I've known how to read labels and administer an epi-pen for years!). We do ask for your prayers of protection for Jonathan as we educate those who share this wonderful, crazy life with us! It's another new normal...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Poor little guy! Hopefully he will grow out of it with time. Good luck with adjusting to this fun change in y'alls house. Give both of those adorable boys a kiss and hug from me. Love y'all!!!

Aunt B

Anonymous said...

He and Griffin could be great friends! Griffin is allergic to milk, eggs, peanuts and tree nuts. Thankfully, since they are so young, it just becomes a way of life and they really don't know what they are missing. I know you have lots of "allergy" friends but don't hesitate to call or email if you have any questions or need to vent! It can be overwhelming at first. But it does become "normal." Merry Christmas friends!