Friday, December 12, 2008

HE DID IT!!!


O.K. So in my earlier post on "Getting to know David, age 3", I failed to mention that he STILL slept with his "my". For those who don't know that is what he called his beloved paci. Yes, we still allowed him to go to sleep with the thing! See, for the past 3 years of his life, David would ASK to go to bed so he could have his "my". I think we were all attached to it! Well, we decided that he needed to once and for all get rid of the "my". So, when David's elf, Zee, began visiting our house he surprised us with a letter from Santa *grin*. He asked for the paci so he could take it to a baby reindeer at the North Pole. Though there were lots of tears and prayers to be brave, David gave Zee his "my" and tearfully went to sleep. It has been 3 nights and I think we might all actually make it through... he has been up earlier than usual, but for the most part it has gone smoothly. We have been very busy and I plan to keep it that way for the next few days. We have tons of projects we are working on and lots of gifts to wrap, and David is my constant little helper! Santa also sent a few of his gifts early, so he has been distracted. I am so proud of him... we are the ones at fault for letting him keep it for so long. He was very brave to give it up!



Zee and the special letter from Santa!

Goodbye, MY!

4 comments:

Beth Goff said...

That is SO funny!! I am so glad things are going well without the "MY"... The wedding pictures are beautiful!...see yall tomorrow!

Anonymous said...

Way to go David!!! You have a very creative mom and dad ;)!

Laura Rogers said...

Hey Dani! I love your blog and reading your updates! I can't believe Jon is 1!!! wow! Also, tell Britany that her wedding pics are beautiful and I'm so happy for her! How is Bayler doing? You are so cute and I miss you! I don't have your new cell phone number...please email me your new number so I can call you!
I have a new number, too!

Jenn said...

Hey, Danielle! I found your blog through Trey's as I was surfing the other day! I LOVE this story!!! I am sooo going to use your idea next Christmas...hopefully! Clayton LOVES her "may-mays" as she calls them! She only has them at night and in the car right now...and she will be 2 in August...if we can't let go by then...this is definitely a great idea! Your kiddos are adorable!!! Take Care...and I will check back periodically!!!