Sunday, March 30, 2008

*Update on David

I gave up by lunch time today and just put a "feel and learn" pull up back on him. I felt totally defeated, but we have school tomorrow and I can't send him to torment his teachers all day by wetting 8 times or more. Of course, since I didn't say another word about it he decided to take some control... as I was getting him dressed for bed he said "No! I want to go to the potty." Wahoo! I practically danced to the bathroom. As I was getting ready to sit him on the toilet, he said "No, like daddy." and lifted up the seat... wouldn't you know it, he actually went- a lot! Maybe this will be our new trick :). Standing up is much easier and he could actually do it all by himself. Next time I might even add dish soap so he can make bubbles for fun!!!

3 comments:

Betsy Marchant said...

Too cute! Your boys are adorable and I'm having a fun time reading what I have to look forward to with potty training a little boy. ;) Good luck Dani!

Anonymous said...

Great job David!!!! We have made no progress with this. I wish Granny were here to show us the ropes on this!! Love you all and can't wait to see you soon!

Anonymous said...

Dani, I missed the first post or I would have offered some encouragement there. After potty training two I know how draining it is. Your brain is just fried because you've spent every waking minute hoping they'll go, coaxing them to go and cleaning up when they don't. As far as I know there is no magic formula and each child is different. I'm glad, though, that you had an encouraging moment! It seems like with both of mine that once they had that lightbulb moment it got alot easier.