Thursday, March 27, 2008

Big Stuff!

O.K. I know I promised more pictures, but I just haven't had the time. And it will be at least a few more days due to the fact that tomorrow we are throwing away all of David's diapers! Thats right, we are having potty training boot camp at our house for the next 3 days!!! I am VERY nervous about it, but feel like we have to do it now. He has been asking to wear big boy underwear for a few weeks, but I keep putting him off because I can't run him back and forth to the bathroom and clean up while nursing Jon and caring for his needs. And just for documentation, David has also been taking his own diaper off (poop or wet) throwing it in the trash, getting a new diaper and bringing it to me. I think he is ready to learn how to stay dry! Wish us luck... if I get to the computer I'll update on his progress. Yikes, I'm so scared!!!

*On another big boy note, David has decided to call me "mom" all the time and uses his most grown up voice when he calls me ;)! I can't believe he dropped "mommy" so fast... where is my baby???

6 comments:

Missy said...

Your family is so beautiful.
Missy Kirven

Missy said...

I just remembered this after leaving the last post. I'm sure you don't remember but your Granmama potty trained Anna Grace. Martin was soooo good. I could never have survived without the amazing ladies who have helped raise my children. Good luck with the potty.

Lori said...

Cute new blog! Hannah went throught the "Mom" thing too. I was not ready to be called "mom," so I told her she had to call me "mommy" until she got married. Then she asked me, "When can I get married mommy?" To which I replied, "When you are 30."

Glad you are back!

Beth Goff said...

Good LUCK!!!! Karoline will go on the potty but we can't get her to hold it yet. Oh well... I have given up for now because like you said it is SO hard with a newborn around the house!!

Sandi said...

Potty training days - what fun! I am sure he will do great!

I have forbidden the kids to call me mom and they know it. If they accidentally call me that, I ignore them. Landon has started calling me "Hot Mama" or "Sugar Mama." :)

Beth Goff said...

OH, I forgot to say that sometimes Karoline calls me Beth and she calls TJ by his name too! It is so funny to hear her yell across the room "TJ come here"... hehe..