Sunday, March 30, 2008

Something to smile about...

and it's NOT potty training! Whew, what a weekend. David sure put up a good fight about using the potty and did not once tell me he needed to go. We did make some progress though. He is learning to hold it instead of going whenever he feels the need and he likes his big boy underwear. However, he could care less if he is wet or poopy. And the whole spending a lot of time with him to help him recognize the need to go seemed to backfire too. He just got accustomed to not spending a lot of one-on-one time with me so he didn't want to stop playing to go to the potty. So, we'll keep trying and hopefully he'll be trained by the time he goes to kindergarten :)!
At least one of them in in cloth though... I've started rotating in some cloth diapers while we are at home with Jon (see above picture... I love how cute his tush is in the cloth diaper). I really like using them and have researched a ton about going all cloth. And a special thanks to Gwen and Lori for all your help! Right now we are just doing part time, but I hope to do a little more over the summer. Jon has terrible skin (eczema, rashes) and they seem to help with that. We'll see... To be honest, right now I am pretty tired of bodily fluids and just want to do something other than clean up pee and poop!

4 comments:

Christa said...

Dani, he is so precious! Looks a lot like David. I'll be taking note how the potty training goes...I think we might start training CM this summer after vacations, etc. Makes me nervous thinking about the whole process!

Anonymous said...

Jon is adorable!! I'm glad the cloth diapering is going well. I honestly wish I had tried it long before now because it seems to help with rashes which Claudia is very susceptible to. I will be anxious to read when you decide to take cloth outside the house too. I don't know why, but I haven't been able to talk myself into that yet!

Miss and love you all! Give the boys big hugs and kisses from us!

Elizabeth said...

He is too cute! And he does look a lot like David!

Potty training has been not so good in our house either, I guess I'm just going to wait for the signs because the only signs I'm getting is that James is NOT ready!! Good luck!

Head Lima Bean said...

love the tush! super cute...