Thursday, April 2, 2009

Preacher's Wife

So, I am VERY new to this roll of being a "Preacher's Wife". I LOVE it and signed up for it when I married my incredible husband. And, like most things in life, I figured I'd have it all figured out by the time God placed us where we were suppose to be in a church. HA! I never knew we would be "church planters" (read: starting a new church from scratch, just the 2 of us). I never knew how incredible it would be to see my husband connect with Christ in such a real way that He actually gave Trey a vision for a church specifically designed for Myrtle Beach, SC. I never knew really cool people would move from across the country to partner with us, supporting a vision they know God designed. I never knew we would see lives changed in our living room on Sunday mornings as we build our launch team. Because it is ALL more than I could have ever hoped or imagined!!! As we approach Easter, we are experiencing something else I never knew, but am finding is common with those involved in ministry. You can read all about if from a GREAT "Preacher's Wife", Holly Furtick. Really, her blog is wonderful so read it...

The Preacher's Wife

I want to encourage you, if you are involved in a church somewhere, PRAY for your pastors and leaders. If you are in the ministry, PRAY for protection and soak up time with God. We are seeing God do amazing things here on the Grand Strand and are running full force into this upcoming season with our dukes up!

2 comments:

Beth Goff said...

Im so glad you think we are cool!!! We think yall are the coolest!

Seriously, we feel so honored that God called us here and we LOVE being in ministry with yall! God is working!

Hope said...

Danielle you are successful in all that you do! I am enjoying watching God's plan for you all unfold and of course, I'm happy you are closer to us!