Tuesday, November 25, 2008

One year ago today...

I was pacing the floor at 4 am. I thought I could be experiencing early labor, but I wasn't really sure. My due date was December 4th, but I knew I wouldn't make it another week. I had an appointment that morning to see Dr.Mendez at 8:30. If I was far enough along he would keep me and we'd finally get to meet our sweet new baby boy!

When I arrived at the doctor's office, I was at 5 cm... who knew?!? They sent me over to the labor/delivery floor and then I realized I made a HUGE mistake. Apparently with David I had pre-registered. Well, I guess I didn't think about it this time and it took FOREVER to get my paperwork completed, therefore it took a long time to get my epidural. I think I was already at 6cm when I got the wonder medicine! Trey CLAIMS I asked everyone, from the janitor to the intern, if they could administer an epidural. I think he was a little embarrased! After the pain meds kicked in the rest was smooth sailing. I slept a little and then it was time to push. Less than 5 minutes later, at 4:03 pm our 8 lbs, 9 oz. baby boy was here!
We couldn't believe how big you were and I noticed you cried right away. You had dark brown eyes from the beginning and they have only gotten darker as you've grown. Your hands were and still are huge and you had the broadest shoulders. We were just so thrilled you were here and healthy. To God be the glory!
Oh, it is truly amazing that you love someone so much, so quickly! I think my first words after you were born were "I DO love you as much as David"... and I hadn't even held you yet! I remember your sweet smell after your bath and how long your fingernails were. You nursed like a champ right away and were so cuddly, even though you were a newborn.

Daddy was just as excited as I was. He had been a little nervous with David as a newborn, but he hardly waited until they had you all wrapped up before he held you. We were so happy to have you in our arms!

We had an amazing first night. We had tons of visitors and even a little "party" with Jake, Anne, Dianne, and David. Our friends are so precious! I will never forget sharing that important day with them and how special they made us feel... we love and miss you guys so much!!!

Daddy and I enjoyed our one on one time with you in the hospital, but I know by far my favorite moment after your arrival was...

the look on David's face when he first saw you! I know most 2 year olds don't seem to pay much attention to babies, but I think he KNEW how much he loved you from that first day. His face lit up and he wouldn't stop giggling. I am so happy God saw it fit that our family include 2 amazing little boys!

We love you so much Jonathan and can't wait to see how God continues to shape and mold you. You are truly a gift to us and we are so thankful to have you in our lives!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jon Jon! You are such a sweet boy and I am so blessed to have you as my nephew. I love you so much and I cannot wait to see you tonight.

Aunt B

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jon!!! We love you!

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Jon! Stopped by to catch up on your blog and just cried my eyes out. I feel so blessed to have met you and your amazing family! Wishing you all a wonderful celebration in honor of Jon and a Happy Thanksgiving!

Beth Goff said...

Happy Happy Birthday Jon!!!

Missy said...

Oh Dani you have such a beautiful family. I just cried reading this. What a gift our precious children are.

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday, Jon! We can't wait to see you again in less than 1 week!