Saturday, March 14, 2009

I'll give it a try...




In an effort to get me back in the habit of blogging, I thought I'd get on board with one of my favorite blogs and take part in MckMama's Not Me Monday! She claims it is free therapy and I get to remind myself that God's mercies are new everyday and I am thankful for His grace!!! It is pretty simple, everything I list is stuff that I did not do (said sarcastically!) this past week and would never, ever do again and again...

I most certainly did not allow Jonathan to eat Cheerios off the edge of a chair for breakfast because he threw a raging small fit to not sit down due to a little diaper rash he has. Then, I did not stand by with my camera just taking pictures of him dropping said Cheerios on the floor, mixing them with last nights stash that I did not sweep up off the floor. That would never happen in my always sometimes clean home!



I do not allow my boys to rough house until one of them gets slightly hurt just so they will learn how far they can go. Who would do that?!? (Hope, notice the tent? They LOVE it and have since that first Christmas!!!)


I would never allow my 3 year old, David, to "go commando" when ever he wants at home, just because he likes it! That would teach him things his future wife would hate me for :)!

Jonathan did not get at least 4 morning baths this week... and by morning I mean early, before school kind of baths that are completely necessary due to what I found when I went to wake him! Hence the diaper rash...

I most certainly did not spend quality time with my boys this week teaching them to do laundry. Jonathan did not get resourceful and find a stool so that he could better reach the washing machine to help throw in all the clothes. Who teaches a baby and preschooler to do laundry?!?

I am not admitting here on my blog that I am 100% addicted to sweet tea! I do not crave it with every meal and would never strap my kids in their car seats to drive through Zaxby's, order a large sweet tea, and proceed to drive around while drinking that sugary concoction in peace!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I love it! I will have to try that next week on Monday. What a cute idea.

I have lots that I have "not" done - I will have to figure out what I can actually publish!

Beth Goff said...

Cute! I would never do the last one either! Sweet tea? YUCK! :)

Kristina said...

Great post! I don't think I can say the things I "haven't" done because of the sickness and craziness thats been our house lately! I'm sorry we won't be coming this weekend to Cola. I would love to see you guys but Jackson is just now getting back to normal and I don't think I could take another round of schedule upheveal. Hopefully we can see you guys soon!

Anonymous said...

Cute post! SO glad they still love the tent. I am right there with you on the sweet tea. Pre-pregnancy/nursing I would strap C in and say, "it is time for mommy's treat."

Anonymous said...

My toddler does NOT know how to do laundry either. He does NOT know how to wash the twins' pacifiers, and he does NOT know how to fetch burp cloths.

Elizabeth said...

That is hilarious... I'm not sure I could do that on my blog, I may get into trouble with the thing I end up doing :) Ha!

Laura Rogers said...

you are so funny, Dani! Thais just makes me miss you so much. you are adorable! Love you! You are so talented!